SJOG is looking for a janitor to clean and supervise other cleaners in the activities of keeping our office building clean.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)/ O-Level minimum
- Working as part of a team and responsible for various cleaning duties to ensure the
cleanliness of the building.
- Complying with all proper safety policies and procedures when using cleaning chemicals.
- Clean offices & furniture by hoovering, dusting and polishing.
- Train new employees in cleaning procedures.
- Ensure the hallway, stairs and windows are cleaned to a high standard.
- Responsible for mopping, sweeping, brushing & vacuuming.
- Make sure windows and doors are securely closed.
- The emptying of all waste bins and removing waste to designated areas.
- Clean offices, reception area and also washrooms and lavatories.
- Clean and dust all interior surfaces, fixtures and fittings.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Mop & disinfect all Washroom floor surfaces and replenish bathroom supplies
- Report any defective equipment or safety concerns to the Cleaning Supervisor